Sunday 25 October 2009

White and Green

This will just be a quick review of my gigs from this week.

On Monday I went to Kentish Town Forum to see some bands. Here's a brief summation of each band using only five words per act.

The Drums - jingly, jangly, surfy, but dancy.
Bombay Bicycle Club - heavy sound with flailing guitarists.
White Lies - bass heavy, epic, crowd-pleasing set.

White Lies were the best I've seen them. Harry McVeigh's vocals have stepped up a gear. They are really starting to make a big push towards the stadiums and vast spaces that their music is destined to occupy.

Then on Friday I went to the O2 in London to see Green Day. Prima Donna, the support band were good, as well but they weren't the reason I was there.
I was there to see if Billy Joe, Mike and Tré were still as good as I remembered from back in the day when I was a wee little lad.
Well, I don't want to disappoint all the Green Day haters but they were excellent. They ripped through old classics, new soon to be classics, accompanied by tons of pyrotechnics and stage invading fans. They worked the crowd as good as anyone I have seen at the O2. Everyone stood up from front to back of the venue, in awe of the punk rock band singing every word from the bands vast two hours plus set.


Green Day 23-10-2009 (2) by dead by sunrise.

This week I am going to see the Drums again in Camden on Tuesday. Then I am going to check out The Great Flood on Friday, and also I have Gary Moore on the Sunday which I'm really looking forward too.

In other news I have started driving lessons. The first lesson was okay, but I'm still pretty nervous about the thought of me driving an actual car. My next lesson is on Wednesday, and I'm starting to look forward to it more every day as the nervousness starts to subside.

Talk soon followers.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment